We have released a new version of Appicaptor that we were working on over the last months. Based on our research it comes with multiple improvements, such as a new analysis engine for Android apps as well as many iOS and Android test case refinements and extensions.
- Processing of privacy policies (GDPR) extended (iOS and Android)
- Search for insecure SSL/TLS usage improved (Android)
- Analysis depth increased for Objective-C binary code (iOS)
- Analysis of static constants for cryptographic functions extended (Android)
- Detection of privacy relevant resource accesses reworked (iOS and Android)
- Library detection enhanced: tracking-, advertisement- and development libraries (Android)
- Detection of privacy critical tacking services extended by more than 100 additional providers (iOS and Android)
- Web front-end usability improved for simple result access (iOS and Android)
Appicaptor will utilize its new analysis engine from now. Detailed internal tests showed that the new engine is reliable and provides dependable test results.